Catahoula Leopard Dog Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Catahoula Leopard Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Catahoula Leopard Dog or what are the common colours of a Catahoula Leopard Dog?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Catahoula Leopard Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Catahoula Leopard Dog, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Catahoula Leopard Dog would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 22-26 inches (56-58 cm)
- Female: 20-24 inches (51-61 cm)
- 55-80 pounds (16-37 kg)
Size of Catahoula Leopard Dog: The Catahoula Leopard Dog is a medium to large sized dog.
Height of Catahoula Leopard Dog:
Weight of Catahoula Leopard Dog:
- Black and Tan
The Popular Colours of Catahoula Leopard Dogs
Catahoula Leopard Dog Information
Catahoulas are highly intelligent and energetic. They are assertive but not aggressive by nature. Catahoulas in general are very even tempered. Males tend to be more obnoxious than females, but Catahoulas are very serious about their job if they are working dogs. They make a good family dog but will not tolerate being isolated, so interaction with the dog is a daily requirement. When a Catahoula is raised with children, the dog believes that it is his or her responsibility to look after and protect those children. Many owners will say that the Catahoula owns them and they can be insistent when it's time to eat or do other activities. Catahoulas are protective and a natural alarm dog. They will alert one to anything out of the ordinary.
What to do if you lose your Catahoula Leopard Dog
If your Catahoula Leopard Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Catahoula Leopard Dog
If you find a Catahoula Leopard Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.