Catalan Sheepdog Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Catalan Sheepdog and wondering what is the general appearance of Catalan Sheepdog or what are the common colours of a Catalan Sheepdog?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Catalan Sheepdogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Catalan Sheepdog, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Catalan Sheepdog would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 19–22 inches (47–55 cm)
- Female: 18–21 inches (45–53 cm)
- Male: 44-55 pounds (20-25 kg)
- Female: 37-46 pounds (17-21 kg)
Size of Catalan Sheepdog: The Catalan Sheepdog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Catalan Sheepdog:
Weight of Catalan Sheepdog:
The Common Colours of Catalan Sheepdogs
Catalan Sheepdog Information
This breed is used for herding and as a pet dog. Because of its intelligence, the Gos D'Atura, like most sheepdogs, is easy to train. This cheerful dog excels at dog-sports, such as agility and doggy-dance. In spite of its appearance, this courageous dog is also used as a watch-dog. An "all-around-dog" and great companion. They guard sheep without needing instruction. Enough (outdoor) activity and distraction makes this dog a quiet and well-balanced home companion. This breed is appropriate for people with firm techniques and who can give the dog enough exercise. Early socialization is important, particularly if the dog will be around children. The dogs defend their family and become attached to it.
What to do if you lose your Catalan Sheepdog
If your Catalan Sheepdog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Catalan Sheepdog
If you find a Catalan Sheepdog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.