Caucasian Ovcharka Dog Breed
Thinking of getting a Caucasian Ovcharka Dog and want to know if a Caucasian Ovcharka is suitable for your household?
Use the Caucasian Ovcharka information on this website to learn more about adaptability, health issues, life span of Caucasian Ovcharka and more.
Caucasian Ovcharka Facts
- Name: Caucasian Ovcharka
- Other Names: Azerbaijani Shepherd Dog, Georgian Nagazi, Caucasian Mountain Dog, Circassian Sheep Dog, Armenian Khobun Dog, Kars (Kafkas) Köpeği
- Origin: Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Breed Group: Working, Guardian Dog (UKC)
- Breed Type: Purebred
Caucasian Ovcharka Information
Caucasians are spirited, intelligent, strong-willed guardian dogs. While gentle and demonstrative with family members, the Caucasian’s active defense reaction and strong territorial instincts make this breed very suspicious of strange people or dogs. They are steady and even tempered but will protect their flock, family, and property from danger - real or perceived - with lightning-quick speed. Caucasian Ovcharka have keen senses, so they are very alert and good trackers. Any change in their surroundings can result in warning barks and growls, particularly at night. The breed is slow to mature and headstrong. Socialization and patient training techniques can be used to temper the Caucasian Ovcharka’s characteristic suspicion and aggressiveness toward strange people and dogs, resulting in a mature dog with good judgment. This breed is hardy and able to adapt to a wide range of climates.
What to do if you lose your Caucasian Ovcharka
If your Caucasian Ovcharka Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Caucasian Ovcharka
If you find a Caucasian Ovcharka Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.