Caucasian Ovcharka Physical Appearance
Looking to get a Caucasian Ovcharka Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Caucasian Ovcharka or what are the popular colours of a Caucasian Ovcharka?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Caucasian Ovcharka Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Caucasian Ovcharka, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Caucasian Ovcharka would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 25-28 inches (64-72 cm)
- 99-154 pounds (45-70 kg)
Size of Caucasian Ovcharka: The Caucasian Ovcharka Dog is a large to giant sized dog.
Height of Caucasian Ovcharka:
Weight of Caucasian Ovcharka:
The Popular Colours of Caucasian Ovcharka Dogs
Caucasian Ovcharka Information
Caucasians are spirited, intelligent, strong-willed guardian dogs. While gentle and demonstrative with family members, the Caucasian’s active defense reaction and strong territorial instincts make this breed very suspicious of strange people or dogs. They are steady and even tempered but will protect their flock, family, and property from danger - real or perceived - with lightning-quick speed. Caucasian Ovcharka have keen senses, so they are very alert and good trackers. Any change in their surroundings can result in warning barks and growls, particularly at night. The breed is slow to mature and headstrong. Socialization and patient training techniques can be used to temper the Caucasian Ovcharka’s characteristic suspicion and aggressiveness toward strange people and dogs, resulting in a mature dog with good judgment. This breed is hardy and able to adapt to a wide range of climates.
What to do if you lose your Caucasian Ovcharka
If your Caucasian Ovcharka Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Caucasian Ovcharka
If you find a Caucasian Ovcharka Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.