Central Asian Ovtcharka Physical Appearance
Considering to get a Central Asian Ovtcharka Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Central Asian Ovtcharka or what are the popular colours of a Central Asian Ovtcharka?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Central Asian Ovtcharka Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Central Asian Ovtcharka, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Central Asian Ovtcharka would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 27-32 inches (65-78 cm)
- Female: 24-27 inches (60-69 cm)
- Male: 121-176 pounds (55-79 kg)
- Female: 88-143 pounds (40-65 kg)
Size of Central Asian Ovtcharka: The Central Asian Ovtcharka Dog is a large to giant sized dog.
Height of Central Asian Ovtcharka:
Weight of Central Asian Ovtcharka:
The Popular Colours of Central Asian Ovtcharka Dogs
Central Asian Ovtcharka Information
For centuries, the Central Asian Shepherd Dog worked alone or together with several other dogs, without much intervention from the herdsmen, relying on its own intelligence and instincts to do its job. While these dogs are very devoted to their family members, they expect to be treated with respect. They are inclined to be suspicious of strange people or dogs. Central Asians are steady, even-tempered dogs who adjust well to change in their environment. When threatened, they react quickly and with complete seriousness. Central Asians are slow to mature and require extensive socialization and patient training techniques. This breed is hardy and able to adapt to a wide range of climates.
What to do if you lose your Central Asian Ovtcharka
If your Central Asian Ovtcharka Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Central Asian Ovtcharka
If you find a Central Asian Ovtcharka Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.