Are Chihuahuas Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to own a Chihuahua and want and wondering whether Chihuahua is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Chihuahua Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Chihuahua intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #67
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a clever dog is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as smart as the typical two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across several breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many attributes. Some dog breeds are simpler to train and listen well to orders while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent friend:
1. Border Collie is among the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most-liked dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also pleased, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
The saucy Chihuahua has earned its place as a favored toy dog because of its intense devotion to a single person. It is reserved with strangers but good with other household dogs and pets. Some try to be protective, but they are not very effective. Some may be quite bold; others may be timid. It is often temperamental. Some bark.
What to do if you lose your Chihuahua
If your Chihuahua Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Chihuahua
If you find a Chihuahua Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.