Owning a Chihuahua Dog and want to know what is the average age for Chihuahua to die?
According to US breed survey, an average lifespan of Chihuahua Dog is 14-18 years with some living 4 years more that what is expected.
If you own or thinking to have a Chihuahua, understanding the Chihuahua Dog life span is important when looking after for these dog breeds.
"How long do Chihuahua Dogs live" is one of the hardest question, many pet owners ask themselves.
We all know that these Chihuahua Dogs cannot live with us forever, so it is vital that we understand the perils of old age and their average life expectancy of Chihuahua.
There are several factors that determine the lifespan of Chihuahua Dog, including breed, size and the general health of the animal.
These factors can help answer the questions on most Chihuahua pet owner’s minds.
How Long Do Dog's Live For?
Lifespans for certain medium dog breeds: Australian Shepherd (12-15 years), Chinese Shar-Pei (12-14 years), Cocker Spaniel (13-15 years), Poodle (12-15 years), Whippet (12-15 years), Puli (10-15 years), Welsh Springer Spaniel (13-15 years), Bulldog (10-12 years), Boxer (10-12 years), Chow Chow (11-13 years), Curly-Coated Retriever (11-13 years) and French Bulldog (11-13 years).
Lifespans for certain large dog breeds: Great Dane (8-10 years), Bernese Mountain Dog (7-10 years), Irish Wolfhound (8-10 years), Newfoundland (10-12 years), Giant Schnauzer (10-12 years), Dogue de Bordeaux (9-11 years), Rottweiler (10-12 years), St. Bernard (10-12 years), Scottish Deerhound (10-12 years), Flat-Coated Retriever (10-12 years), Akita (11-15 years), Anatolian Shepherd (11-13 years), Irish Setter (12-14 years) and Belgian Malinois (14-16 years).
The saucy Chihuahua has earned its place as a favored toy dog because of its intense devotion to a single person. It is reserved with strangers but good with other household dogs and pets. Some try to be protective, but they are not very effective. Some may be quite bold; others may be timid. It is often temperamental. Some bark.
What to do if you lose your Chihuahua
If your Chihuahua Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Chihuahua
If you find a Chihuahua Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.