Can Chinese Cresteds Be Guard Dogs?
Thinking to get a Chinese Crested puppy and need to know whether a Chinese Crested can be a good guard dog or if Chinese Crested Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to our chart, Chinese Crested Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Chinese Crested To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog simply informs their owner to someone coming close to their home. Even though your dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make terrific watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are really observant of their surroundings and will notify their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a large German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a great choice for novice pet dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are great guard dogs that will alert their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly signal their owners to any unusual activity. They are powerful dogs that are not well-suited for the amateur owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Chinese Crested Information
The Chinese crested is a combination of playful pixie, gentle lap dog and sensitive companion. It is devoted to its family and willing to please; it is also good with other dogs, pets and strangers. Its demeanor should be gay and alert.
What to do if you lose your Chinese Crested
If your Chinese Crested Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chinese Crested
If you find a Chinese Crested Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.