Can Chippiparais Be Guard Dogs?
Considering to get a Chippiparai puppy and want to know whether a Chippiparai can be a good guard dog or if Chippiparai Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Chippiparai Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best watch dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Chippiparai To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog merely informs their owner to someone coming close to their home. Even though your pet dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make fantastic watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is mighty. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are very watchful of their surroundings and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make exceptional watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a large German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a good choice for amateur canine owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are fantastic guard dogs that will alert their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any unusual activity. They are powerful dogs that are not well-suited for the inexperienced owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
The Chippiparai is a robust animal needing little or no veterinary care. It is so active during young stages. It does need lots of exercise, as it was and is a breed meant to hunt. Chippiparai is an intelligent breed and a wonderful watch dog. Contrary to the belief that it is a one -man dog, Chippiparai gets along well with people if it is properly socialized. Chippiparai loves human companionship and it hates to be in isolation. It is capable of great speed and can overtake a hare with ease.
What to do if you lose your Chippiparai
If your Chippiparai Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Chippiparai
If you find a Chippiparai Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.