Are Chow Chows Friendly Or Dangerous To Strangers?
Considering to get a Chow Chow and want to know whether Chow Chow are friendly or aggressive to strangers?
According to dog, Chow Chow Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the friendliest dogs to strangers.
When it comes to deciding on a pet dog, you possibly want one that is friendly, whether that's toward people, other pets, or both. In short, a happy-go-lucky pooch that gets along with everyone.
While most dogs are absolutely fond of people, some are very sociable and love to meet new people all the time. Kindness doesn't necessarily depend on breed. Most dogs are friendly if they have been exposed to new people, places, and adventures as they were growing up.
So, generally, you can make any canine into a friendly dog if you ensure they have an active social life and a happy home. Just about all pet dogs will be social with their owners, but some breeds were bred as guardians and can be wary and even aggressive toward strangers.
Top 5 Friendly Dog Breeds
2. Poodles very active, social, and smart dogs that make incredible friends. They do extremely well in a range of different dog sports and appreciate the company of people, friend or stranger.
3. Pug is so adored partly due to its looks, but also because of its fantastic personality. Pugs are incredibly social, they love everyone and get along very well with other animals.
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is among the smallest spaniels, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred mainly as a buddy and lapdog. Because of this, they are very friendly with their families and strangers, happily meeting as many new people as they can.
5. Boxer was initially bred as a guard dog in Germany, but there are very few working Boxers left. Today, most are energetic, smart family companions that are terrific for individuals and families alike. They are very social dogs and enjoy meeting and playing with new people and other dogs.
Chow Chow Information
Dignified, even lordly, the chow chow conducts itself with reserve. It is not very demonstrative, even with its family, and is somewhat suspicious of strangers. It is independent and stubborn. It can be aggressive toward other dogs but is generally good with other household pets. It is serious and protective, devoted to its family.
What to do if you lose your Chow Chow
If your Chow Chow Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chow Chow
If you find a Chow Chow Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.