Are Chow Chows Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to adopt a Chow Chow and want to know whether Chow Chow is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Chow Chow Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Chow Chow intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #76
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever canine is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as smart as the typical two-year-old, but there is a variety of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many characteristics. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to orders while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is among the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, trainable and friendly companion.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also proud, energetic dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and clever. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Chow Chow Information
Dignified, even lordly, the chow chow conducts itself with reserve. It is not very demonstrative, even with its family, and is somewhat suspicious of strangers. It is independent and stubborn. It can be aggressive toward other dogs but is generally good with other household pets. It is serious and protective, devoted to its family.
What to do if you lose your Chow Chow
If your Chow Chow Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chow Chow
If you find a Chow Chow Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.