Chow Chow Lifespan
Owning a Chow Chow Dog and want to know how long do Chow Chow Dogs live for?
According to US breed survey, an average lifespan of Chow Chow Dog is 13-15 years with some living 4 years more that what is expected.
If you own or thinking to have a Chow Chow, understanding the Chow Chow Dog life span is important when caring for these dog breeds.
"How long do Chow Chow Dogs live" is one of the tougher question, many pet owners ask themselves.
We all know that these Chow Chow Dogs cannot live with us forever, so it is important that we understand the perils of old age and their average life expectancy of Chow Chow.
There are several factors that affect the lifespan of Chow Chow Dog, including breed, size and the general health of your dog.
These factors can help answer the questions on most Chow Chow pet owner’s minds.
How Long Do Dog's Live For?
Lifespans for certain medium dog breeds: Australian Shepherd (12-15 years), Chinese Shar-Pei (12-14 years), Cocker Spaniel (13-15 years), Poodle (12-15 years), Whippet (12-15 years), Puli (10-15 years), Welsh Springer Spaniel (13-15 years), Bulldog (10-12 years), Boxer (10-12 years), Chow Chow (11-13 years), Curly-Coated Retriever (11-13 years) and French Bulldog (11-13 years).
Lifespans for certain large dog breeds: Great Dane (8-10 years), Bernese Mountain Dog (7-10 years), Irish Wolfhound (8-10 years), Newfoundland (10-12 years), Giant Schnauzer (10-12 years), Dogue de Bordeaux (9-11 years), Rottweiler (10-12 years), St. Bernard (10-12 years), Scottish Deerhound (10-12 years), Flat-Coated Retriever (10-12 years), Akita (11-15 years), Anatolian Shepherd (11-13 years), Irish Setter (12-14 years) and Belgian Malinois (14-16 years).
Chow Chow Information
Dignified, even lordly, the chow chow conducts itself with reserve. It is not very demonstrative, even with its family, and is somewhat suspicious of strangers. It is independent and stubborn. It can be aggressive toward other dogs but is generally good with other household pets. It is serious and protective, devoted to its family.
What to do if you lose your Chow Chow
If your Chow Chow Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chow Chow
If you find a Chow Chow Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.