Is Chow Chow Playful?
Looking to get a Chow Chow and want to know whether Chow Chow is a playful breed and fun to be around?
According to pet experts, Chow Chow Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of the most playful dog breeds.
One of the things we adore about canines is their playfulness. Some breeds are usually more playful than others.
In the spirit of a good time, we combed through our breed profiles to find the dog breeds that tend to be the most fun loving. It's essential to bear in mind that most of these breeds are not couch potatoes or shrinking violets and, in fact, typically need lots of mental and physical stimulation so they don't become bored.
You should remember that all dogs are individuals - not all Labs are obsessed with playing fetch, and there are possibly even some Portuguese Water Dogs who don't like water.
Of course, with any of these breeds, a dog's health and age will sway his level of liveliness. Even with these breeds, you should have a veterinarian inspect your pet dog to make sure there are no underlying conditions before starting any exuberant activities.
Top 5 Most Playful Dog Breeds
2. Labrador Retriever - Labs are playful and typically fun-loving demeanors are certainly part of it.
3. Papillon - Pappillion's are small, smart and spunky, this breed needs to be entertained - or she'll find a way to entertain herself.
4. Bearded Collie - These dogs are known for his trademark welcoming, and is usually an exuberant and boisterous breed who will amuse you with his clownish antics.
5. Beagle - This breed is led by his nose, and likes to have loads of opportunity to use his strong sniffer. That can be as simple as your hiding treats around your house or taking him on long, meandering walks outdoors.
Chow Chow Information
Dignified, even lordly, the chow chow conducts itself with reserve. It is not very demonstrative, even with its family, and is somewhat suspicious of strangers. It is independent and stubborn. It can be aggressive toward other dogs but is generally good with other household pets. It is serious and protective, devoted to its family.
What to do if you lose your Chow Chow
If your Chow Chow Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chow Chow
If you find a Chow Chow Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.