Cockapoo Physical Appearance
Thinking to own a Cockapoo Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Cockapoo or what are the popular colours of a Cockapoo?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Cockapoo Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Cockapoo, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Cockapoo would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 10-15 inches (25-38 cm)
- 12-24 pounds (5.4-11 kg)
Size of Cockapoo: The Cockapoo Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Cockapoo:
Weight of Cockapoo:
- Black and Tan
The Popular Colours of Cockapoo Dogs
Cockapoos have become popular because they generally combine the outgoing, loving personality of the Cocker Spaniel with the low-shedding, low-dander qualities of the Poodle. Cockapoos are active, and thrive when they receive regular exercise. Cockapoos can be very agile, excelling at "retrieve" games and enjoying activities such as swimming. Cockapoos are frequently very needy dogs and as such are not suitable to be left alone for long periods as they frequently suffer from separation distress or anxiety. The Cockapoo is a cross-breed, not a purebred, and does not "breed true." In breeders' terms, "breeding true" means that the pups will have consistently predictable characteristics. Cockapoos, however, may inherit the characteristics of either or both their parent breeds. While some Cockapoos appear more similar to Cocker Spaniels, others will exhibit more Poodle traits, creating a variation in Cockapoo appearance and temperament.
What to do if you lose your Cockapoo
If your Cockapoo Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Cockapoo
If you find a Cockapoo Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.