Are Collies Intelligent Dogs?
Wanting to own a Collie and need and wondering whether Collie is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Collie Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Collie intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #16
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a clever pet dog is just potential without a human ready to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's intelligence. Dogs are about as intelligent as the normal two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many traits. Some dog breeds are simpler to train and listen well to orders while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your pet dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable companion.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering dedication to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and smart. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Collies are impressive dogs; friendly, highly-intelligent, proud, and beautiful. They are great at understanding human's moods and they are very fond of children, making them ideal family pets. Collies require daily exercise and human interaction to be happy. Gentle training is all that is required for a Collie to learn easily and quickly. They have historically been and continue to be beloved family companions.
What to do if you lose your Collie
If your Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Collie
If you find a Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.