Do Collie Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Owning a a Collie and need to know how often do a Collie Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe a Collie?
According to dog experts, Collie Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need grooming regularly.
High Maintenance: Grooming should be performed often to keep the dog's coat in good shape. Professional groomers can be sought after for assistance. Occasional trimming or stripping needed.
Why Brush or Groom Your Collie Dog?
Brushing also assists to spread healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, ensuring a shiny coat and helping dust to slide off the hair. This can also help to minimize the need to bath and therefore lessen the frequency of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your Collie dog are activities that help to strengthen the good relationship bond between your pet and you. Brushing should be a pleasant and relaxed experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your Collie
Dogs with short coats frequently require much less brushing and grooming contrasted to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more easily.
Some very short-haired pet dogs may not need standard 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may instead like to try a soft grooming glove to delicately remove loose hair, occasionally.
Pet dogs should be brushed 'as required'. Owners should observe the condition of their dog's coat, searching for any tangles/mats or dullness which suggests they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a few minutes to a number of hours a week depending on your type of dog.
Collies are impressive dogs; friendly, highly-intelligent, proud, and beautiful. They are great at understanding human's moods and they are very fond of children, making them ideal family pets. Collies require daily exercise and human interaction to be happy. Gentle training is all that is required for a Collie to learn easily and quickly. They have historically been and continue to be beloved family companions.
What to do if you lose your Collie
If your Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Collie
If you find a Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.