Collie Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Collie Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Collie or what are the popular colours of a Collie?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Collie Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Collie, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Collie would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 24-26 inches (61-66 cm)
- Female: 22-24 inches (56-61 cm)
- Male: 60-75 pounds (27-34 kg)
- Female: 50-65 pounds (23-29 kg)
Size of Collie: The Collie Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Collie:
Weight of Collie:
- Black White & Tan
- Blue Merle
- Blue Merle & White
- Sable & White
- White Merle
The Common Colours of Collie Dogs
Collies are impressive dogs; friendly, highly-intelligent, proud, and beautiful. They are great at understanding human's moods and they are very fond of children, making them ideal family pets. Collies require daily exercise and human interaction to be happy. Gentle training is all that is required for a Collie to learn easily and quickly. They have historically been and continue to be beloved family companions.
What to do if you lose your Collie
If your Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Collie
If you find a Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.