Are Coton De Tulears Friendly Or Dangerous To Strangers?
Looking to get a Coton De Tulear and want to know whether Coton De Tulear are friendly or aggressive to strangers?
According to dog, Coton De Tulear Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the friendliest dogs to strangers.
When it comes to choosing a pet dog, you most likely want one that is friendly, whether that's toward people, other pets, or both. In other words, a happy-go-lucky pooch that gets along with everyone.
While most dogs are certainly fond of people, some are extremely sociable and love to meet new people all the time. Friendliness doesn't necessarily depend on breed. Most dogs are friendly if they have been exposed to new people, places, and adventures as they were growing up.
So, basically, you can make any canine into a friendly dog if you ensure they have an energetic social life and a happy home. Pretty much all dogs will be social with their owners, but some breeds were bred as guardians and can be wary and even aggressive toward strangers.
Top 5 Friendly Dog Breeds
2. Poodles very energetic, social, and smart dogs that make amazing buddies. They do very well in a variety of different dog sports and appreciate the company of people, friend or stranger.
3. Pug is so adored partly due to its looks, but also because of its wonderful personality. Pugs are very social, they love everyone and get along very well with other animals.
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is among the smallest spaniels, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred mainly as a friend and lapdog. Because of this, they are very friendly with their families and strangers, happily meeting as many new people as they can.
5. Boxer was originally bred as a guard dog in Germany, but there are very few working Boxers left. Today, most are active, smart family companions that are terrific for individuals and families alike. They are very social dogs and enjoy meeting and playing with new people and other dogs.
Coton De Tulear Information
Cotons are happy dogs that thrive on human companionship. Puppy kindergarten and obedience training are recommended. They should not be left unattended for long periods of time. They are extremely sturdy and versatile, excelling in all types of dog activities, from agility to therapy. The breed gets along well with other dogs, cats and children provided that proper socialization is given.
What to do if you lose your Coton De Tulear
If your Coton De Tulear Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Coton De Tulear
If you find a Coton De Tulear Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.