Are Coton De Tulears Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to own a Coton De Tulear and need and wondering whether Coton De Tulear is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Coton De Tulear Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Coton De Tulear intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: unknown
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever dog is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's intelligence. Dogs are about as intelligent as the typical two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across different breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many traits. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your canine one of them?
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable comrade.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very smart, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're brave, confident, and smart. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Coton De Tulear Information
Cotons are happy dogs that thrive on human companionship. Puppy kindergarten and obedience training are recommended. They should not be left unattended for long periods of time. They are extremely sturdy and versatile, excelling in all types of dog activities, from agility to therapy. The breed gets along well with other dogs, cats and children provided that proper socialization is given.
What to do if you lose your Coton De Tulear
If your Coton De Tulear Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Coton De Tulear
If you find a Coton De Tulear Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.