Do Coton De Tulear Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Owning a a Coton De Tulear and want to know how often do a Coton De Tulear Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe a Coton De Tulear?
According to dog experts, Coton De Tulear Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need grooming regularly.
High Maintenance: The Coton de Tulear’s unique coat requires a substantial time investment. It must be brushed thoroughly each day and bathed several times a year. It should not be clipped.
Why Brush or Groom Your Coton De Tulear Dog?
Brushing also helps to spread healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, promoting a gleaming coat and helping dust to slide off the hair. This can also help to decrease the need to bath and therefore lower the occurrence of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your Coton De Tulear dog are activities that help to strengthen the good connection bond between your family pet and you. Brushing should be a pleasurable and relaxed experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your Coton De Tulear
Dogs with short coats frequently require much less brushing and grooming contrasted to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more easily.
Some very short-haired pet dogs may not need conventional 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may rather like to try a soft grooming glove to carefully remove loose hair, occasionally.
Pet dogs should be brushed 'as required'. Owners should keep track of the condition of their dog's coat, looking for any tangles/mats or dullness which indicates they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a few minutes to a number of hours a week depending on your type of dog.
Coton De Tulear Information
Cotons are happy dogs that thrive on human companionship. Puppy kindergarten and obedience training are recommended. They should not be left unattended for long periods of time. They are extremely sturdy and versatile, excelling in all types of dog activities, from agility to therapy. The breed gets along well with other dogs, cats and children provided that proper socialization is given.
What to do if you lose your Coton De Tulear
If your Coton De Tulear Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Coton De Tulear
If you find a Coton De Tulear Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.