Croatian Sheepdog Breed
Thinking of getting a Croatian Sheepdog and want to know if a Croatian Sheepdog is suitable for your household?
Use the Croatian Sheepdog information on this website to learn more about adaptability, health issues, life span of Croatian Sheepdog and more.
Croatian Sheepdog Facts
- Name: Croatian Sheepdog
- Other Names: Hrvatski ovčar, Kroatischer Schäferhund
- Origin: Croatia
- Breed Group: Herding
- Breed Type: Purebred
Croatian Sheepdog Information
The Croatian Sheepdog is an alert, agile, keen and intelligent dog with enormous energy and a strong need for human leadership. It is healthy, resistant to disease and inexpensive to keep. It possesses a well-developed herding instinct and is an excellent watchdog. An instinctive herder, it is wary of strangers. If socialized early, however, it responds well to obedience training. As a pet without early obedience training and exercise to occupy its athletic body and excellent mind, it can become very noisy, even destructive.
What to do if you lose your Croatian Sheepdog
If your Croatian Sheepdog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Croatian Sheepdog
If you find a Croatian Sheepdog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.