Dalmatian Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt a Dalmatian Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Dalmatian or what are the common colours of a Dalmatian?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Dalmatian Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Dalmatian, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Dalmatian would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 22 - 24 inches (50 – 60 cm)
- Female: 20 - 22 inches (50 - 55 cm)
- about 55 pounds (25 kg)
Size of Dalmatian: The Dalmatian Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Dalmatian:
Weight of Dalmatian:
- White & Black
- White & Liver Brown
The Common Colours of Dalmatian Dogs
The Dalmatian makes a good playmate for children, although it may be a little too rambunctious for smaller children. Dalmatians get along well with other dogs or household pets, though it is should be socialized as a puppy if possible. The Dalmatian is naturally fond of humans and horses. The Dalmatian can be watchful around strangers.
What to do if you lose your Dalmatian
If your Dalmatian Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Dalmatian
If you find a Dalmatian Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.