Danish-Swedish Farmdog Breed
Thinking of getting a Danish-Swedish Farmdog and want to know if a Danish-Swedish Farmdog is suitable for your household?
Use the Danish-Swedish Farmdog information on this website to learn more about adaptability, health issues, life span of Danish-Swedish Farmdog and more.
Danish-Swedish Farmdog Facts
- Name: Danish-Swedish Farmdog
- Other Names: Scanian Terrier, Dansk-svensk gårdshund
- Origin: Sweden, Denmark
- Breed Group: Working, Terrier (UKC)
- Breed Type: Purebred
Danish-Swedish Farmdog's Characteristics
Danish-Swedish Farmdog Information
The Danish–Swedish Farmdog is a very friendly, easygoing breed. Not only does it work on farms as a rat extinguisher and alerting to intruders, but it is also a companion to adults, and is known to befriend and play with the children of the household. The Danish–Swedish Farmdog is unlike a terrier - even though it is often mistaken as one - it is very mild and gentle in temper. Unlike the high-strung nature of the terrier, the nature of the DSF allows it to do its job, as well as be calm and loving during times without work. This makes it an ideal house companion. The DSF is a not a high energy dog, but loves having a job. The breed is new to the USA, and can only now start to be seen in sports such as flyball and dog agility. The DSF is also known for its excellent mousing skills and can perform sports such as going to ground and earthdog. They are also very speedy and quick, and love all types of lure coursing.
What to do if you lose your Danish-Swedish Farmdog
If your Danish-Swedish Farmdog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Danish-Swedish Farmdog
If you find a Danish-Swedish Farmdog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.