Dogo Argentino Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt a Dogo Argentino and want to know what is the general appearance of Dogo Argentino or what are the common colours of a Dogo Argentino?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Dogo Argentinos from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Dogo Argentino, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Dogo Argentino would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 24–27 inches (60–68 cm)
- Female: 24–26 inches (60–65 cm)
- Male: 88–99 pounds (40–45 kg)
- Female: 77–88 pounds (35–40 kg)
Size of Dogo Argentino: The Dogo Argentino is a large sized dog.
Height of Dogo Argentino:
Weight of Dogo Argentino:
The Popular Colours of Dogo Argentinos
Dogo Argentino Information
The Dogo is an intelligent and courageous dog with a strong, natural instinct to protect its home and family. Dogos are very social dogs and are happiest when included in all family activities. Dogos make a strong distinction between familiar people and strangers, so it is imperative that they be well trained and socialized at an early age. Dogos are hunters of great courage and endurance, and will work individually or in packs. They have also successfully been used in police protection work. An unsteady temperament is a serious fault.
What to do if you lose your Dogo Argentino
If your Dogo Argentino or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Dogo Argentino
If you find a Dogo Argentino or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.