Can Drentse Patrijshonds Be Guard Dogs?
Considering to get a Drentse Patrijshond puppy and need to know whether a Drentse Patrijshond can be a good watch dog or if Drentse Patrijshond Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to dog trainers, Drentse Patrijshond Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Drentse Patrijshond To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog just simply alerts their owner to somebody approaching their property. Even though your dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make terrific watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is mighty. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are quite observant of their environments and will notify their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make exceptional watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a good choice for beginner pet dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are superb guard dogs that will inform their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly notify their owners to any unusual activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the beginner owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Drentse Patrijshond Information
Though the breed shows a strong hunting instinct in the field, and can be quite driven, these dogs tend to be more relaxed in the home than many of the hunting breeds. They are strongly attached to family members, loyal, and of sweet disposition, particularly with children.
What to do if you lose your Drentse Patrijshond
If your Drentse Patrijshond Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Drentse Patrijshond
If you find a Drentse Patrijshond Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.