Dutch Smoushond Physical Appearance
Thinking to own a Dutch Smoushond Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Dutch Smoushond or what are the common colours of a Dutch Smoushond?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Dutch Smoushond Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Dutch Smoushond, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Dutch Smoushond would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 14-17 inches (35-42 cm)
- 20-22 pounds (9-10 kg)
Size of Dutch Smoushond: The Dutch Smoushond Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Dutch Smoushond:
Weight of Dutch Smoushond:
The Popular Colours of Dutch Smoushond Dogs
Dutch Smoushond Information
This easy care, obedient house-dog is a friendly and charming companion. The Smoushond tends to be quiet with those he does not know, but is loving with those that he does know. This skillful, intelligent dog has considerable adaptability. It is alert with a sense of humor. Dependent, sober and sensitive, it makes a good watchdog. Do not allow this dog to become yappy. They need to be corrected if their barking becomes obsessive. They get along well with children and happily accept the family cat. Most Dutch Smoushond get along well with other dogs. The Dutch Smoushond is eager to please, which means training it is not hard. It is important, though, to ensure that you are consistent toward it because some can try to take over if they get an idea that their handler is rather easy-going. Proper human to canine communication is essential.
What to do if you lose your Dutch Smoushond
If your Dutch Smoushond Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Dutch Smoushond
If you find a Dutch Smoushond Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.