Can East Siberian Laikas Be Guard Dogs?
Considering to adopt an East Siberian Laika puppy and wondering whether an East Siberian Laika can be a good guard dog or if East Siberian Laika Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, East Siberian Laika Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training an East Siberian Laika To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog just simply notifies their owner to somebody coming close to their home. Even though your pet dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make wonderful watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is mighty. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are really observant of their surroundings and will alert their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a large German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a great choice for amateur dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are impressive guard dogs that will inform their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the beginner owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
East Siberian Laika Information
Highly aggressive towards large predators, they are calm and well-tempered with people, although they can be good watchdogs and if encouraged will be protective against human intruders. Generally, they seem to be good companion dogs and can also be trained in obedience.
What to do if you lose your East Siberian Laika
If your East Siberian Laika Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost East Siberian Laika
If you find a East Siberian Laika Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.