Are English Cocker Spaniels Intelligent Dogs?
Looking to adopt an English Cocker Spaniel and want and wondering whether English Cocker Spaniel is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, English Cocker Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
English Cocker Spaniel intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #18
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a clever canine is just potential without a person ready to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's knowledge. Dogs are about as intelligent as the average two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across several breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many characteristics. Some dog breeds are simpler to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a smart, friendly and trainable mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also pleased, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are outstanding all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
English Cocker Spaniel Information
The English Cocker Spaniel is merry, affectionate and even-tempered. They are easily-trained, are willing workers and excellent companions. They exhibit enthusiasm in the field, accompanied by an incessant action of the tail. Dogs exhibiting sluggish or hyper-active temperaments are to be faulted. They exhibit balance, both in motion and while standing. The head is especially characteristic of the breed, having a brainy appearance indicating high intelligence. The muzzle is also distinctive. The whole is always to be of primary consideration rather than any of the parts. Exaggeration of any of the parts is to be faulted.
What to do if you lose your English Cocker Spaniel
If your English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Cocker Spaniel
If you find a English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.