English Cocker Spaniel Dogs Health Problems
Wanting to get an English Cocker Spaniel and need to know what are the common diseases or health problems that English Cocker Spaniels are prone to?
According to dog experts, English Cocker Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the most healthy dog breeds.
Are English Cocker Spaniels hypoallergenic: No
Dog Breeds with The Least Health Issues
Searching for a pet dog breed that won't break the bank with trips to the veterinarian? Check out our list below. But, remember that your pet's health is ultimately up to you.
1. Australian cattle dog - This lively breed of dog is renowned for its intelligence, agility, and endurance. As a comparatively healthy breed, the Australian cattle dog does not have a history of major illnesses and may live up to 13 years with proper training and appropriate preventative care.
2. Border Collie - Advancements in DNA testing have made it easier to control the relatively few minor genetic conditions known to affect border collies. As a high-energy dog with a lifespan of up to 14 years, the Border collie is a terrific choice for young families and active individuals-- just be ready to provide her with lots of outdoor playtime and exercise.
3. German Pinscher - This agile and muscular dog is not often associated with major health conditions, and may live up to 14 years with proper care and a lot of exercise.
4. English Springer Spaniel - Though this mild, cordial breed of spaniel is sometimes known to suffer minor eye problems, it is normally less likely to suffer from many severe genetic diseases. A healthier English springer spaniel may live up to 14 years.
5. Chihuahua - With love and attention, this pint-sized pooch species can live up to 18 years. The Chihuahua's petite size means it typically needs less exercise than other breeds of dogs.
English Cocker Spaniel Information
The English Cocker Spaniel is merry, affectionate and even-tempered. They are easily-trained, are willing workers and excellent companions. They exhibit enthusiasm in the field, accompanied by an incessant action of the tail. Dogs exhibiting sluggish or hyper-active temperaments are to be faulted. They exhibit balance, both in motion and while standing. The head is especially characteristic of the breed, having a brainy appearance indicating high intelligence. The muzzle is also distinctive. The whole is always to be of primary consideration rather than any of the parts. Exaggeration of any of the parts is to be faulted.
What to do if you lose your English Cocker Spaniel
If your English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Cocker Spaniel
If you find a English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.