English Cocker Spaniel Physical Appearance
Looking to own an English Cocker Spaniel Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of English Cocker Spaniel or what are the common colours of an English Cocker Spaniel?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of English Cocker Spaniel Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the English Cocker Spaniel, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an English Cocker Spaniel would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 15-17 inches (38-43 cm)
- Female: 14-16 inches (36-41 cm)
- Male: 28-34 pounds (13-16 kg)
- Female: 26-32 pounds (12-15 kg)
Size of English Cocker Spaniel: The English Cocker Spaniel Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of English Cocker Spaniel:
Weight of English Cocker Spaniel:
- Black & Tan
- Blue Roan
The Popular Colours of English Cocker Spaniel Dogs
English Cocker Spaniel Information
The English Cocker Spaniel is merry, affectionate and even-tempered. They are easily-trained, are willing workers and excellent companions. They exhibit enthusiasm in the field, accompanied by an incessant action of the tail. Dogs exhibiting sluggish or hyper-active temperaments are to be faulted. They exhibit balance, both in motion and while standing. The head is especially characteristic of the breed, having a brainy appearance indicating high intelligence. The muzzle is also distinctive. The whole is always to be of primary consideration rather than any of the parts. Exaggeration of any of the parts is to be faulted.
What to do if you lose your English Cocker Spaniel
If your English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Cocker Spaniel
If you find a English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.