English Shepherd Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt an English Shepherd Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of English Shepherd or what are the popular colours of an English Shepherd?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of English Shepherd Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the English Shepherd, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an English Shepherd would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 18-23 inches (46-58 cm)
- Male: 45-60 pounds (21-28 kg)
- Female: 40-50 pounds (18-23 kg)
Size of English Shepherd: The English Shepherd Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of English Shepherd:
Weight of English Shepherd:
- Black & White
- Black & Tan
The Popular Colours of English Shepherd Dogs
English Shepherd Information
The English Shepherd temperament is the defining characteristic of the breed, with high intelligence and often a unique type of kindness for those in his home, both animals and people. The English Shepherd is often an independent worker. English Shepherds are adaptable and learn routines quickly. Some can be watchful of strangers and are more one-person dogs. However, once he accepts people or children or stock as his own, there are few better caretakers than an English Shepherd. The English Shepherd frequently exhibits an independent, bossy or "enforcer of the rules" streak in his temperament. If the dog's desire to enforce order is not channeled and directed to a suitable end by a strong, confident leader, he may exhibit many undesirable behaviors. Nevertheless, English shepherds can thrive as companion dogs in environments that provide sufficient mental and physical stimulation.
What to do if you lose your English Shepherd
If your English Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Shepherd
If you find a English Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.