English Springer Spaniel Temperament
Considering to own an English Springer Spaniel Dog and wondering about English Springer Spaniel's temperament or characteristics?
There are several reasons why you will love the English Springer Spaniel Dogs as they are known for their Affectionate, Alert, Cheerful characteristics.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Finding out why a breed was developed, and the country and climate it originally came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and personality.
Some breeds demand much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take some time to develop: the boxer's extrovert and playful nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of certain breeds could be very hard work in the early weeks but can make fantastic adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
English Springer Spaniel Information
Friendly, affectionate and easily trained. These qualities are essential when being trained for the field or shown in the ring. The Springer’s long ears, soft expression and happy disposition clearly show him to be a member of the ancient family of spaniels. It is uncharacteristic for a gun dog to be aggressive towards other dogs or people, therefore aggression is unacceptable behavior. Tentativeness is to be equally penalized with allowances for young puppies.
What to do if you lose your English Springer Spaniel
If your English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Springer Spaniel
If you find a English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.