Are English Springer Spaniels Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to get an English Springer Spaniel and need to know whether English Springer Spaniel is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, English Springer Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
English Springer Spaniel intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #13
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a smart canine is just potential without a human ready to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as smart as the average two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across different breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many characteristics. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to orders while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
If you want an intelligent buddy, get one of these breeds:
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most-liked dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable comrade.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also pleased, energetic dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are outstanding all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
English Springer Spaniel Information
Friendly, affectionate and easily trained. These qualities are essential when being trained for the field or shown in the ring. The Springer’s long ears, soft expression and happy disposition clearly show him to be a member of the ancient family of spaniels. It is uncharacteristic for a gun dog to be aggressive towards other dogs or people, therefore aggression is unacceptable behavior. Tentativeness is to be equally penalized with allowances for young puppies.
What to do if you lose your English Springer Spaniel
If your English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost English Springer Spaniel
If you find a English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.