Do English Springer Spaniel Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Owning a an English Springer Spaniel and want to know how often do an English Springer Spaniel Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe an English Springer Spaniel?
According to pet experts, English Springer Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require grooming regularly.
High Maintenance: Grooming should be performed often to keep the dog's coat in good shape. Professional groomers can be sought after for assistance. Professional trimming or stripping needed.
Why Brush or Groom Your English Springer Spaniel Dog?
Brushing also serves to help to spread healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, ensuring a shiny coat and helping dust to slide off the hair. This can also help to decrease the need to bath and therefore decrease the regularity of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your English Springer Spaniel dog are activities that help to strengthen the positive connection bond between your pet dog and you. Brushing should be an enjoyable and relaxed experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your English Springer Spaniel
Dogs with short coats frequently require much less brushing and grooming compared to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more easily.
Some very short-haired canines may not need traditional 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may rather like to try a soft grooming glove to delicately remove loose hair, occasionally.
Pet dogs should be brushed 'as required'. Owners should observe the condition of their dog's coat, trying to find any tangles/mats or dullness which indicates they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a couple of minutes to a number of hours a week depending on your type of dog.
English Springer Spaniel Information
Friendly, affectionate and easily trained. These qualities are essential when being trained for the field or shown in the ring. The Springer’s long ears, soft expression and happy disposition clearly show him to be a member of the ancient family of spaniels. It is uncharacteristic for a gun dog to be aggressive towards other dogs or people, therefore aggression is unacceptable behavior. Tentativeness is to be equally penalized with allowances for young puppies.
What to do if you lose your English Springer Spaniel
If your English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Springer Spaniel
If you find a English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.