Is English Springer Spaniel Playful?
Wanting to get an English Springer Spaniel and need to know whether English Springer Spaniel is a playful breed and fun to be around?
According to dog experts, English Springer Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of the most playful dog breeds.
One of the things we appreciate about dogs is their playfulness. Some breeds are normally more playful than others.
So, in the spirit of a good time, we combed through our breed profiles to find the canine breeds that tend to be the most fun loving. It's essential to bear in mind that most of these breeds are not couch potatoes or shrinking violets and, in fact, typically need lots of mental and physical stimulation so they don't become bored.
You should keep in mind that all dogs are individuals - not all Labs are obsessed with playing fetch, and there are possibly even some Portuguese Water Dogs who don't like water.
Obviously, with any of these breeds, a dog's health and age will influence his level of liveliness. Even with these breeds, you should have a vet analyze your dog to make sure there are no underlying conditions before initiating any exuberant activities.
Top 5 Most Playful Dog Breeds
2. Labrador Retriever - Labs are usually fun-loving and playful demeanors are absolutely part of it.
3. Papillon - Pappillion's are small, spunky and smart, this breed needs to be entertained - or she'll find a way to entertain herself.
4. Bearded Collie - These dogs are known for his trademark greeting, and is generally an exuberant and boisterous breed who will entertain you with his clownish antics.
5. Beagle - This breed is led by his nose, and likes to have plenty of possibility to use his strong sniffer. That can be as easy as your hiding treats around your house or taking him on long, meandering walks outdoors.
English Springer Spaniel Information
Friendly, affectionate and easily trained. These qualities are essential when being trained for the field or shown in the ring. The Springer’s long ears, soft expression and happy disposition clearly show him to be a member of the ancient family of spaniels. It is uncharacteristic for a gun dog to be aggressive towards other dogs or people, therefore aggression is unacceptable behavior. Tentativeness is to be equally penalized with allowances for young puppies.
What to do if you lose your English Springer Spaniel
If your English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Springer Spaniel
If you find a English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.