Can Entlebucher Mountain Dogs Be Guard Dogs?
Wanting to adopt a Entlebucher Mountain Dog puppy and need to know whether a Entlebucher Mountain Dog can be a good watch dog or if Entlebucher Mountain Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Entlebucher Mountain Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
Great Watchdog Ability: This dog will bark and alert its owners when an intruder is present. It exhibits very protective behavior, acts fearless toward any aggressor, and will do what it takes to guard and protect its family.
Training a Entlebucher Mountain Dog To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog basically alerts their owner to somebody coming close to their house. Even if your dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make fantastic watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are quite watchful of their surroundings and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a large German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a good choice for beginner dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are fantastic guard dogs that will notify their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the novice owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Entlebucher Mountain Dog Information
They may be reserved with strangers. Entles are an active, high energy and physical breed, with above average exercise requirements, so they are not a dog for the casual owner. Entlebuchers do best when they have a job. Although the Entlebucher loves and is devoted to children, his shepherding instincts can make integrating small children and a puppy a bit tricky. The Young Entle can become possessive and begin to consider children to be “his own” to herd and watch over. Being exceptionally strong for his size, the Entle can easily overwhelm a child. Very careful consideration should be taken when considering adding this breed to a family with small children.
What to do if you lose your Entlebucher Mountain Dog
If your Entlebucher Mountain Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Entlebucher Mountain Dog
If you find a Entlebucher Mountain Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.