Can Field Spaniels Be Guard Dogs?
Wanting to own a Field Spaniel puppy and need to know whether a Field Spaniel can be a good watch dog or if Field Spaniel Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Field Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Field Spaniel To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog basically notifies their owner to somebody approaching their house. Even if your dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make fantastic watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are quite watchful of their environments and will notify their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make exceptional watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a big German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a great choice for beginner dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are excellent guard dogs that will alert their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any unusual activity. They are powerful dogs that are not well-suited for the beginner owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Field Spaniel Information
The field spaniel is happiest when it has a job to do. Although independent in nature, it is devoted, sensitive and willing to please. Always cheerful and affectionate, it is an excellent family companion as long as it is given regular exercise. The field spaniel is especially known for its tractable nature. It is typical for a field spaniel to be somewhat reserved with strangers.
What to do if you lose your Field Spaniel
If your Field Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Field Spaniel
If you find a Field Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.