Finnish Hound Physical Appearance
Considering to get a Finnish Hound Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Finnish Hound or what are the popular colours of a Finnish Hound?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Finnish Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Finnish Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Finnish Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 20-24 inches (52-61 cm)
- 45-55 pounds (20-25 kg)
Size of Finnish Hound: The Finnish Hound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Finnish Hound:
Weight of Finnish Hound:
The Popular Colours of Finnish Hound Dogs
Finnish Hound Information
Friendly, calm and never aggressive, yet energetic in the hunt, the Finnish Hound is used as a hunting dog for hare and fox by following the scent. Eager to hunt in difficult circumstances. He works independently, is a versatile tracker and pursues the quarry with passionate barking. Make sure you are this dog’s calm, but firm, confident pack leader to prevent behavior issues. Proper human to canine communication is essential.
What to do if you lose your Finnish Hound
If your Finnish Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Finnish Hound
If you find a Finnish Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.