Finnish Lapphund Temperament
Thinking to adopt a Finnish Lapphund Dog and need to know about Finnish Lapphund's temperament or characteristics?
There are several reasons why you will fall in love with the Finnish Lapphund Dogs as they are known for their Calm, Courageous, Faithful temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Recognizing why a breed was created, and the country and climate it initially came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and personality.
Some breeds demand much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also require time to cultivate: the boxer's spirited and extrovert nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of certain breeds can be very hard work in the early weeks but can make fantastic adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Finnish Lapphund Information
Few Lappies today in America have seen a reindeer, but they adapt well to other kinds of work, including obedience, agility, tracking therapy, and herding other types of livestock. When working, Finnish Lapphunds are agile, alert and noisy. While interacting with people, however, the breed is calm, friendly, and very submissive. Lappy puppies are adorable, but new owners should take care to remember that a small puppy grows up quickly and needs to learn good habits early on. Socialization, puppy classes and basic training will help him learn those habits.
What to do if you lose your Finnish Lapphund
If your Finnish Lapphund Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Finnish Lapphund
If you find a Finnish Lapphund Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.