Finnish Lapphund Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Finnish Lapphund Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Finnish Lapphund or what are the popular colours of a Finnish Lapphund?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Finnish Lapphund Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Finnish Lapphund, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Finnish Lapphund would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Female: 16–19 inches (41–47 cm)
- Male: 18–20 inches (46–52 cm)
- 37-42 pounds (17-19 kg)
Size of Finnish Lapphund: The Finnish Lapphund Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Finnish Lapphund:
Weight of Finnish Lapphund:
- Wolf Sable
The Popular Colours of Finnish Lapphund Dogs
Finnish Lapphund Information
Few Lappies today in America have seen a reindeer, but they adapt well to other kinds of work, including obedience, agility, tracking therapy, and herding other types of livestock. When working, Finnish Lapphunds are agile, alert and noisy. While interacting with people, however, the breed is calm, friendly, and very submissive. Lappy puppies are adorable, but new owners should take care to remember that a small puppy grows up quickly and needs to learn good habits early on. Socialization, puppy classes and basic training will help him learn those habits.
What to do if you lose your Finnish Lapphund
If your Finnish Lapphund Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Finnish Lapphund
If you find a Finnish Lapphund Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.