Finnish Spitz Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Finnish Spitz Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Finnish Spitz or what are the common colours of a Finnish Spitz?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Finnish Spitz Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Finnish Spitz, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Finnish Spitz would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 15-20 inches (38-51 cm)
- 31-35 pounds (14-16 kg)
Size of Finnish Spitz: The Finnish Spitz Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Finnish Spitz:
Weight of Finnish Spitz:
- Red Gold
The Popular Colours of Finnish Spitz Dogs
Finnish Spitz Information
Like most spitz breeds, the Finkie is independent and somewhat stubborn, although it is more hunting oriented than other spitz breeds. It is alert, inquisitive and playful, but it is also sensitive, tending to be devoted to one person. It is a breed conscious of its place in the dominance hierarchy, and some males can try to be domineering. It is good with children, and generally good with other pets, but it can be aggressive to strange dogs. It is reserved, even aloof or suspicious, with strangers. In keeping with its barking heritage, the Finkie is proud of its barking ability and likes to show it off — loudly!
What to do if you lose your Finnish Spitz
If your Finnish Spitz Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Finnish Spitz
If you find a Finnish Spitz Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.