Are French Bulldogs Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to adopt a French Bulldog and want to know whether French Bulldog is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, French Bulldogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
French Bulldog intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #58
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever canine is just potential without a human ready to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's cleverness. Dogs are about as intelligent as the average two-year-old, but there is a variety of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many qualities. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent companion:
1. Border Collie is among the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a smart, friendly and trainable companion.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also proud, energetic dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and smart. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
French Bulldog Information
The French bulldog is a clown in a lap dog. It enjoys playing and entertaining its family, as well as cuddling and snoozing with its favorite person. It is amiable, sweet, companionable and willing to please.
What to do if you lose your French Bulldog
If your French Bulldog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost French Bulldog
If you find a French Bulldog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.