Can French Spaniels Be Guard Dogs?
Thinking to adopt a French Spaniel puppy and need to know whether a French Spaniel can be a good watch dog or if French Spaniel Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, French Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a French Spaniel To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog just simply notifies their owner to somebody coming close to their house. Even though your pet dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make terrific watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is mighty. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are very observant of their surroundings and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a great choice for beginner dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are fantastic guard dogs that will notify their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly notify their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the newbie owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
French Spaniel Information
The French Spaniel has a friendly and outgoing personality and is well balanced and patient. It is not a naturally aggressive dog, is eager to please and thus can be trained easily. A dog of this breed will form a strong bond with its master, being typically a working dog. It has a high level of stamina and requires vigorous exercise.
What to do if you lose your French Spaniel
If your French Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost French Spaniel
If you find a French Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.