German Pinscher Physical Appearance
Considering to adopt a German Pinscher Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of German Pinscher or what are the popular colours of a German Pinscher?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of German Pinscher Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the German Pinscher, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a German Pinscher would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 16-19 inches (41-48 cm)
- 25-35 pounds (11-16 kg)
Size of German Pinscher: The German Pinscher Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of German Pinscher:
Weight of German Pinscher:
- Black & Tan
The Common Colours of German Pinscher Dogs
German Pinscher Information
Vivacious, tenacious, and courageous, the German Pinscher is a lively self-appointed property patroller. Ever watchful, the German Pinscher does not bark frivolously, but does sound the alert to intruders. A quick learner, the German Pinscher is nonetheless not inclined to obey unless there's a good reason to do so. The breed is playful and affectionate, and good with considerate children. It can be wary of strangers. German Pinschers may argue over which of them gets to be boss, and they may not be good with small pets -- especially rodents!
What to do if you lose your German Pinscher
If your German Pinscher Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost German Pinscher
If you find a German Pinscher Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.