Are German Shorthaired Pointers Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to get a German Shorthaired Pointer and want and wondering whether German Shorthaired Pointer is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, German Shorthaired Pointer Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
German Shorthaired Pointer intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #17
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart dog is just potential without a person ready to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's cleverness. Dogs are about as clever as the average two-year-old, but there is a variety of intelligence across different breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many characteristics. Some dog breeds are simpler to train and listen well to orders while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent companion:
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's favourite dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also pleased, energetic dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and smart. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
German Shorthaired Pointer Information
The German shorthaired pointer's idea of heaven is a day hunting in the field and an evening curled up by its owner's side. This is an active dog that can become frustrated and "creative" if not given ample daily exercise, both mental and physical. It is a devoted family pet, although at times it is overly boisterous for small children. Because part of its heritage includes hunting mammals, some can be aggressive to small pets unless raised with them. It is a sensitive breed, responsive to gentle training. Some can whine or bark a lot.
What to do if you lose your German Shorthaired Pointer
If your German Shorthaired Pointer Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost German Shorthaired Pointer
If you find a German Shorthaired Pointer Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.