German Wirehaired Pointer Physical Appearance
Thinking to own a German Wirehaired Pointer Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of German Wirehaired Pointer or what are the popular colours of a German Wirehaired Pointer?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of German Wirehaired Pointer Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the German Wirehaired Pointer, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a German Wirehaired Pointer would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 24-26 inches (60-67 cm)
- Female: 22-24 inches (56-62 cm)
- 60-70 pounds (27-32 kg)
Size of German Wirehaired Pointer: The German Wirehaired Pointer Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of German Wirehaired Pointer:
Weight of German Wirehaired Pointer:
- Liver & White
The Common Colours of German Wirehaired Pointer Dogs
German Wirehaired Pointer Information
The German wirehaired pointer is both a rugged bird dog and amiable companion. It has the energy to hunt for hours, so it must be given a daily outlet lest it becomes destructive. It is a responsive breed, although it tends to be stubborn. It retains a guarding instinct, so it is often aloof, even protective, toward strangers as well as strange dogs. It is generally good, if sometimes overly boisterous, with children. It is ideal for the outdoor-oriented person wanting a tireless, weather-proof, intelligent partner.
What to do if you lose your German Wirehaired Pointer
If your German Wirehaired Pointer Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost German Wirehaired Pointer
If you find a German Wirehaired Pointer Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.