Glen of Imaal Terrier Temperament
Looking to adopt a Glen of Imaal Terrier Dog and want to know about Glen of Imaal Terrier's temperament or characteristics?
There are many reasons why you will fall in love with the Glen of Imaal Terrier Dogs as they are known for their Active, Agile, Courageous temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Understanding why a breed was created, and the country and climate it initially came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and temperament.
Some breeds demand much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also require time to develop: the boxer's extrovert and playful nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of specific breeds can be very hard work in the early weeks but can make fabulous adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Glen of Imaal Terrier Information
A big dog on short legs, the Glen is a dog of big ideas that's never short of ways to achieve them. This is a spirited, inquisitive, courageous breed, always ready for a game or a hunt. Less excitable than most terriers, it is nonetheless an active dog. However, once given its daily dose of activity, it is content to snuggle by your side. At home the Glen is good-natured and gentle with family members; with its childlike exuberance, it especially enjoys the companionship of children. Some Glens can be dog aggressive. Glens learn quickly but may not always do what you ask. They are not inclined to bark much.
What to do if you lose your Glen of Imaal Terrier
If your Glen of Imaal Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Glen of Imaal Terrier
If you find a Glen of Imaal Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.