Do Golden Retriever Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Owning a a Golden Retriever and need to know how often do a Golden Retriever Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe a Golden Retriever?
According to dog experts, Golden Retriever Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require grooming regularly.
Moderate Maintenance: Goldens need the occasional bath to keep them clean and looking their best. Grooming can be a wonderful bonding experience for you and your pet. Their strong fast-growing nails should be trimmed regularly with a nail clipper or grinder to avoid overgrowth, splitting and cracking. Their ears should be checked regularly to avoid a buildup of wax and debris which can result in an infection. Teeth should be brushed regularly.
Why Brush or Groom Your Golden Retriever Dog?
Brushing also serves to help to spread healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, ensuring a shiny coat and helping dirt to slide off the hair. This can also help to minimize the need to bath and therefore minimize the frequency of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your Golden Retriever dog are tasks that help to strengthen the positive relationship bond between your pet dog and you. Brushing should be a pleasant and relaxed experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your Golden Retriever
Dogs with short coats commonly require less brushing and grooming contrasted to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more quickly.
Some very short-haired dogs may not need conventional 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may instead like to try a soft grooming glove to delicately remove loose hair, occasionally.
Pet dogs should be brushed 'as required'. Owners should observe the condition of their dog's coat, trying to find any tangles/mats or dullness which suggests they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a few minutes to several hours a week depending on your type of dog.
Golden Retriever Information
The breed’s most readily identifiable characteristic is its rich, lustrous golden color. Another essential characteristic is proper temperament. A Golden Retriever is friendly, calm, compliant and compatible with people and other dogs. Goldens are particularly good with children. The Golden Retriever’s friendly temperament is reflected in his kindly expression. The Golden Retriever is a powerfully built dog, with a good nose for tracking, a soft mouth, and an eagerness to learn.
What to do if you lose your Golden Retriever
If your Golden Retriever Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Golden Retriever
If you find a Golden Retriever Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.