Golden Retriever Physical Appearance
Thinking to own a Golden Retriever Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Golden Retriever or what are the popular colours of a Golden Retriever?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Golden Retriever Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Golden Retriever, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Golden Retriever would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 22-24 inches (56-61cm)
- Female: 20-22 inches (51-56 cm)
- Male: 60-80 pounds (27-36 kg)
- Female: 55-70 pounds (25-32 kg)
Size of Golden Retriever: The Golden Retriever Dog is a medium to large sized dog.
Height of Golden Retriever:
Weight of Golden Retriever:
- Dark Golden
- Light Golden
The Popular Colours of Golden Retriever Dogs
Golden Retriever Information
The breed’s most readily identifiable characteristic is its rich, lustrous golden color. Another essential characteristic is proper temperament. A Golden Retriever is friendly, calm, compliant and compatible with people and other dogs. Goldens are particularly good with children. The Golden Retriever’s friendly temperament is reflected in his kindly expression. The Golden Retriever is a powerfully built dog, with a good nose for tracking, a soft mouth, and an eagerness to learn.
What to do if you lose your Golden Retriever
If your Golden Retriever Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Golden Retriever
If you find a Golden Retriever Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.