Great Dane Physical Appearance
Looking to get a Great Dane Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Great Dane or what are the common colours of a Great Dane?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Great Dane Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Great Dane, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Great Dane would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 30-34 inches (76-86 cm)
- Female: 28-32 inches (71-81 cm)
- Male: 120-200 pounds (54-90 kg)
- Female: 100-130 pounds (45-59 kg)
Size of Great Dane: The Great Dane Dog is a giant sized dog.
Height of Great Dane:
Weight of Great Dane:
- Black & White
The Popular Colours of Great Dane Dogs
Great Dane Information
The Great Dane is gentle, loving, easygoing and sensitive. It is generally good with children (although its friendly overtures may overwhelm a small child) and usually friendly toward other dogs and pets. It is powerful but sensitive and responsive to training. It makes a pleasant, well-mannered family companion.
What to do if you lose your Great Dane
If your Great Dane Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Great Dane
If you find a Great Dane Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.